Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Organix Moroccan Argan Oil (Extra Strength) and Garnier Fructis Anti Fizz Serum

I realized I haven't done a hair product review in a while, so here's the latest. A couple of weeks ago bought the Organix Moroccan Argan Oil Extra Strength Penetrating Oil. Although there are two types (original and extra strength), I bought the oil specifically formulated for dry and coarse hair. The packaging claims the oil will "deeply heal, smooth and restore luster to damaged,  dry and coarse hair".


Organix Moroccan Argan Oil smells great; its a typical argan oil scent. Its sort of masculine but definitely enjoyable. This product is very thick for a hair oil. It reminds me of gylcerol or vegetable oil. Therefore I only use a very small amount (half a dime size) for my ENTIRE head. Yes, it really is that thick. When I added too much, my straight hair looked greasy and my ends stuck together. I have decided that I will only use this product when my hair is only days away from washing and I have a super frizzy pony tail. To give this product a well-rounded review, I also tried it out on my curly hair as well. I applied Kinky Curly Curling Custard to my hair but I put too much in the front and it dried crunchy. I added the Moraccan Argan oil to my hair to soften the hold. Well this product "softened" a little too much and the front of my hair was FRIZZY. All the definition from Kinky Curly was gone, vanished, disappeared. To say I was disappointed is a definite understatement. I wonder if the original (non-extra strength) version of this product is any better. However, I probably wont run out an by the other one.

For those of you who are looking for a liquid shine for your straight hair, I recommend Garnier Fructis Anti Frizz Serum.  The packaging claims to "smooth and add shine to frizzy, dry, unmanageable hair". Its a lot lighter than the argan oil. It comes in a pump form, so I recommend only using half a pump for your hair. This will give your hair shine without the greasy residue. It also a great fruit scent that leaves your hair smelling great all day. I've been using this product since high school and I still love it.


Organix Moroccan Argan Oil is available for about $7. Garnier Fructis Anti Frizz Serum is around $5. Both are available at most drugstores.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS