Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Things I Bought This Past Week

This week was filled with stress-- 2 quizzes, 2 lab reports, and 2 finals. YIKES! To calm my 'what if' nerves I decided to treat myself to a nice session of retail therapy. I went back to the Sear's Essentials store that's closing to recheck the sales. Now all make up was 50% off retail and hair accessaries were 30% off. Needless to say, the shelves were getting low but I still found some great finds. 

Here's what I picked up from Sear's Essential:

A Revlon hair crimper/ waver. It has 3 settings and I tested it out on a back section of hair and realized it worked quite nicely. It was priced at $18.99 with 30% off so I spent around $14.
I found some more Sally Hansen products. The VitaSurge Growth Gel is a cuticle oil. I am trying to prevent my nails from peeling (you can actually see the layers near the tips of my nails) without buying Hair, Skin, and Nail vitamins because Lord knows I don't need any more body hair (yeah, that grows too, they just often forget to mention it in the ads). It retailed for $5.99, I paid about $3. I'd been hearing great reviews about the Salon Effects nail strips and I finally found a color on sale that wasn't ugly, so I picked this up in the color Red-y For Trouble. It was priced at $8.99 and I paid a little under $5. Lastly, and the product I'm most happy about is an Essie polish. Its labeled as Mademoiselle, but it seems less pink than the images I found online. However, I don't think this is a mislabel more than likely the color difference is due to lighting.It retailed for $7.99, I paid a little over $4. This is my first Essie polish so I'm excited to test its formula and staying power. 


I found the Flawless Curls line by Tresemme. I bought the Curl Hydration leave-in conditioner and the Extra Hold Moose. I found these at Walmart for less than $5 each. Let me tell you, this was the HARDEST collection to find. Walgreens and CVS only had the Styling Mousse and they didn't even carry it online. I still want to get the curl gel from this collection but I plan on using these soon. 
Curl Hydration Leave In

Extra Hold Mousse

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS